|General English |
|Through General English you can develop core English language skills, studying, reading, writing, speaking, Listening and grammar and then applying what you have learned in practical, interactive sessions at your assessed proficiency level. This course is perfect for students from Beginner to Advanced levels.|
|Why This Course|
- Study General English skills to give you the confidence to communicate effectively in real life situations.
- Gain confidence in speaking.
- Weekly testing and counselling
- Classes are held from Monday to Friday
- Study from 1-60 weeks (depending on your circumstances)
- Start any Monday
- 10 weeks per level
- Starter 8-10 weeks under 3 IELTS
- Elementary 10 weeks, 3-3.5 IELTS
- Pre-intermediate 10 weeks, 4-4.5 IELTS
- Intermediate, 10 weeks,4.5-5 IELTS
- Upper Intermediate, 10 weeks, 5-5.5 IELTS
- Advanced, 8-10 weeks, 5.5-6 IELTS
|Level Number||Level Name||IELTS Score for Admission|
|Monday to Friday||8:00 – 12:15|
|Monday to Friday||12:30 – 16:45|
|Monday to Friday||17:00 – 21:15|
|English Proficiency and Placement Test|
You will not have to complete a placement test on arrival if:
- You submit results for a recognised proficiency test and achieved an overall IELTS of 5.0 or equivalent.
- Your proficiency test was taken within two years before your course commencement date.
- If you do not have a proficiency test score, you will be asked to do a placement test when you arrive on campus and to be placed into the appropriate level of the course.
- If you do not meet the required entry proficiency you will first be placed into the General English program to allow you to reach the required English proficiency level to enter the Academic program.